out of stock, there is a delay for the shipping
Warning: Last items in stock!
Indian Ocean Region provides an integrated political-military simulation of near future contention and conflict around the Indian Ocean and its oil supply lines vital for East Asian countries.
By buying this product you can collect up to 35 loyalty points. Your cart will total 35 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of 3,50 €.
The game Indian Ocean Region enables participants to play out possible future conflicts, circa 2025, from their political beginnings to military endings with the same game mechanics as used in the South China Sea game. Players assume the roles of nations or groups of nations and deal cards in multiple rounds of play each representing three to seven weeks to advance their separate agendas. Each card play might trigger armed conflict. If violence comes to pass, the time scale compresses to three to seven hours per turn and players deploy their military units to resolve matters by force. Those forces include: individual capital ships, pairs or triples of smaller vessels, squadrons of aircraft, and battalions of ground troops all waging war at the far end of logistical shoestrings.
• Complexity: 7 out of 10
• Solitaire Suitability: 6 out of 10
• Time Scale: 1 turn = between 3 and 7 hours
• Map Scale: 1 hex = 45 nautical miles
• Unit Scale: aircraft squadrons, pairs of ships/subs, land battalions
• Players: Best with 2 players but can be played with up to 3 players, or solitaire
• Playing Time: 2-4 hours depending on scenario
• Three 22x 28” map sheets
• Three Countersheets totaling 390 3/4″ counters
• Deck of 39 political cards
• Two player aid cards
• Rule/scenario book
• Two Dice
• Box and Lid
South China Sea (SCS) provides an integrated political-military simulation of near future contention and conflict around the South China Sea.
Indian Ocean Region provides an...